Tuesday, October 31, 2006

A wicked cool show that I might be able to see

Howdy!

Because of recent developments specifically the passage of the Military Commissions Act of 2006, in the United States, it is going to be extremely difficult for me to stomach, if not impossible for me to go and see any exhibits down there. However, thankfully, Mass MoCA, the Yale University Art Gallery and Sol Lewitt have understood the predicament the law causes, and have graciously organized a retrospective of Mr Lewitt's work that will go on for 25 years. With a little bit of luck, the Military Commissions Act of 2006 will have been appealed sometime before 2033, so I will be able to go and see it, without having to worry if I will be surreptitiously pulled off of a street and thrown in jail.

If you'd like to see some cool pictures of the project, one and two.

No comments:

Post a Comment